This delivery truck is empty.
Start adding some amazing products!
Stuffed Delicata Squash
by Crescent Ridge
Cook time 30 Min
Prep Time 15 Min
- 2 medium sized delicata squash, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds scooped out
- olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch of kale, leaves torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and then drained
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Drizzle each squash half with a little olive oil and place each squash cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven until the squash is tender, about 25-30 minutes. Cooking times will very depending on the size of your squash.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent. About 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for about 2 minutes longer. Add the pork, spices, salt and pepper and use a wooden spoon to help break up the meat. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Add the kale leaves and continue to cook until the kale turns bright green and becomes tender, about 5-8 minutes longer. Stir in the drained cranberries.
- Heat a small dry skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook, shaking the pan often, until the pecans are golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and when cool enough to handle finely chop the nuts.
- Divide the sausage mixture between the squash halves (you'll likely have leftover filling) and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts and a drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup (if using).
What You'll Need: